02-06-2012 10:10 PM
1) Yet another pump-and-dump. In a few years, if not sooner, I bet Facebook will be delisted from the NYSE as the price will probably tank.
2) When 1) occurs I predict Barack Obama will throw bailout money their way. He did the same thing with Solyndra, Goldman Sachs, and General Motors with the pretense that such companies were "too big to fail".
3) Proof fools and their money are soon parted.
4) Other than a bunch of market hooplah, hype, and fluff it does not impress me as being a very sound investment.
5) Another example of a VIRTUAL company creating VIRTUAL wealth, in their VIRTUAL world expecting the US Taxpayers to bail them out once REALITY strikes. Specifically: The REALITY you can't get revenue from advertising, you can't get revenue from a bunch of couch potatoes dying prematurely in their own sedintary folly, and you can't get revenue unless you have an actual tangible product or service people would pay you for.
6) As if though the first dotcomedy implosion wasn't enough we have to repeat the same mistake yet again.
7) A bunch of script kiddies, legends in their own mind, will soon find their real commodity value in the workplace.
Yes the world needs burger flippers and cannon fodder. Let things get sideways in Israel, Syria, or Iran and the US military get involved. Start a military draft and problem solved. Sometimes thinning the heard is a good thing.
03-14-2012 06:18 PM
Directly, it will mean nothing to me.
Indirectly, it will mean that I missed out on yet another multi-million dollar payday. I don't know why but I've just never gotten chances like that. Probably never will.
Google eclipsed Microsoft, Facebook is eclipsing Google and, by 2018, some other company will probably eclipse Facebook. You don't stay the hottest-thing-under-the-sun forever; at some point, you just become yet another big company in the constellation of big companies.
Every company maxxes out at some point; trees don't grow to the sky. There will come a time when everybody who finds Facebook interesting will already be on it and everybody will be doing all the Facebook activities that they care to do.