Founded in 2001, Blue Canopy is an award-winning provider of business solutions in the public and commercial sectors. We're focused on delivering outcomes that matter by combining the best use of technology, process improvement, and the system of governance. Our Mission is to serve our clients and help them achieve success by combining governance, industry experience, and information technology excellence.
At Blue Canopy, innovation, collaboration, and teamwork are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to hiring, retaining, and developing best-in-class professionals because we recognize that our team is what differentiates us in the marketplace as an industry-leader. We are driven by excellence, committed to integrity, and inspired to achieve limitless possibilities.
Blue Canopy is currently seeking a well-rounded Full Time .NET Developer with MVC Framework experience to provide onsite support to our government client in Alexandria, Va. We are in need of a goal-oriented software developer, who can comfortably communicate and interface with internal and external stakeholders.
* Act as a key resource in designing, configuring, developing, and implementing enhancements and production fixes to existing systems
* Develop new systems (design, configure, develop and implement) as the opportunity arises
* Provide Tier 2/Tier 3 technical support and resolve production defects and issues
* Utilize development best practices and appropriate patterns to develop software solutions
* Use the following to develop applications - WPF, MVVM and C# and/or ASP.NET, MVC and WCF
* Design and develop high performance data access layer using ADO.NET and/or Entity Framework
* Create SQL Server views, stored procedures, and queries
* Actively mitigate potential security gaps including SQL-injection, Cross Site scripting, Cross Site Request Forgery, etc.
* Create technical documentation
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
* 7 years of professional software development experience
* 3-5 years of experience designing, and developing solutions using ASP.NET, MVC and WCF
* 3-5 years of experience developing applications using WPF, MVVM pattern and C#
* Experience building high performance web-based user interfaces using Ajax, HTML 5, CSS and other technologies
* Experience developing applications that implements workflow
* Ability to act as a project's technical lead/lead developer as needed
* Ability to automate testing of .NET and C# code using a Unit Test Framework
* 3-5 years of experience developing SQL Server queries, views and stored procedures with performance optimization
* Ability to identify application hot spots and mitigate performance issues
* Understanding of multi-threading environment and concurrency related issues in applications
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Clearly communicate and share solutions and information with fellow team members
* Experience with root cause analysis and defect resolution in a production environment
* Ability to create technical documentation such as design guides, deployment plans/guides, etc.
* Requires a BS Degree in an IT related field and US Citizenship
* Experience designing and working with n-tier architectures
* Experience building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices
* Experience with Agile development methodology
* Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
* Experience with SDLC phases
* Motivated and able to work proficiently in a team environment and independently
* Strong communication skills with internal team members and business stakeholders
* Strong initiative for solution, system and process improvements
* Ability to adapt quickly to an existing complex environment
* Prior experience supporting a government agency
* Experience with the following:
+ Visual Basic 6.0
+ Web API
+ Angular JS
+ ATO/FedRamp Process
+ 508 Compliance
Clearance Required: US Citizen - Must be able to obtain a "Public Trust" level
As a full-time employee of Blue Canopy, you are eligible for an attractive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance. Our benefits also include paid holidays, Paid-Time-Off (PTO), a company-sponsored 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and flexible spending accounts to allow you to pay for Health care, Dependent care and Commuter costs with pre-tax income.
Blue Canopy, LLC is EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability