What You'll Do
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to help grow our Service Provider Web and Cloud business. In this key role you will identify marketplace demands for Cisco’s offering of Optimization Services and work with our Sales organization to support the sale of the portfolio. You will drive active engagement with account teams in planning and executing client solutions and services sales strategy.
Other responsibilities include:
Who You'll Work With
- Define and communicate Optimization Services portfolio positioning and value to target client segments and Cisco partners.
- Discover and align Client business & operational priorities to Optimization portfolio outcomes and capabilities through consultative activities (e.g. business alignment workshops, return on investment business case, service impact analysis)
- Guide standalone and cross-architecture Optimization Services quotes and proposals to clients with accurate deliverable scoping, sizing and pricing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups (sales, product management, operations, marketing) to develop Optimization portfolio strategy, financial forecasts, offer packages and pricing, and client proposals.
- Drive Optimization services bookings growth targets across renewals and new buying centers.
You will work with a highly empowered collaborative team passionate about driving successful insertion of Optimization services across Cisco sales activities. We have the opportunity for visibility and interaction with senior management, cross-team collaboration, engage and drive matrix-managed projects which have direct impact to the services business within the Americas Region.
Team members have a breadth of knowledge across Cisco’s Optimization services portfolio. They use this knowledge to develop solutions and scope services opportunities based on customer / sales requirements across all vertical market environments. Who You Are
You are an independent self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to multi-task. You have an understanding of the Services business, internal processes across Services, as well as industry expertise along with a demonstrated track record of pursuing and leading services engagements of $2M+. You possess organizational adoption and communication plan development and execution skills plus excellent written/oral communication skills and presentation skills. You have experience collaborating across global teams. You are a strong problem solver with stakeholder mapping and management experience. You are experienced with risk and issue management as well as escalation and conflict resolution. You have the ability to provide constructive coaching / feedback to all levels within the team as needed.
Our Minimum Requirements are as follows:
- 10+ years’ experience in project delivery and/or sales support / solution development / BDM role
- BA/BS required
- Knowledge of the Advanced Services business
- Excellent verbal and written skills in communicating and positioning Cisco’s Optimization Services business and operational value and capabilities to Client Executive audience.
- Proven track record of developing and winning multi-architecture solutions contracts (multi-million $).
- Moderate travel required.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are growing our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your groundbreaking ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work.
We are Cisco.