Title : Advisory Solutions Architect Manager
Location : Hermitage, TN
Organization : Technology & Infrastructure - Video Services
The Solution Architecture team is tasked with the mission of owning and leading the implementation and day to day-support of technology systems and platforms for Deloitte’s Advisory practice. The Advisory Solutions Architect will be a key focal point to plan, execute, and deliver the hosting infrastructure platform for business-critical Deloitte Advisory applications, either on premises or cloud based. This role will provide oversight of the systems footprint for the various service lines in Advisory as well as support and implementation of new systems and enhancements across OS, storage, database and connectivity verticals.
This role requires deep collaboration with client services teams to understand and execute on requirements for the implementation of multiple complex IT supporting their practice. Extensive technical experience in architecting enterprise-scale solutions in a fast-paced environment is a must, with a demonstrated hands-on, focused approach to systems delivery and a drive to continuously improve process. Strong communication and planning skills coupled with a track record of successful operating system, network and database implementations in a large enterprise is a key to success.
- Oversees the systems and technical infrastructure architecture for multiple solutions with a focus on reliability, quality and best practices.
- Provides overall direction, guidance and definition of systems architecture solutions to effectively support business goals.
- Provides technical and architectural leadership for solutions which include a variety of Microsoft and Linux-based technical infrastructure stacks supporting both developed and third-party applications.
- Serve as the primary driver to link development, business and infrastructure to produce detailed design and implementation plans for systems.
- Develop repeatable processes and common solutions that allow for architecture and systems reuse and improve delivery speed.
- Manages process execution, mentors junior team members and provides accountable leadership for solutions design within areas of responsibility.
- Defines standard architecture, strategy and process to continuously improve delivery.
- Partners with business analysts, systems analysts and engineers to define and review requirements.
- Advises and consults senior leadership on costs, benefits, and implementation of technology solutions.
- Recommends changes in process, policies, and standards as they relate to architecture and design principles.
- Creates project and systems architecture deliverables that are consistent with principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices.
- Works with business clients and product owners to review business drivers, needs, and strategies to anticipate future business / technology needs.
- Communicates implications of architectural decisions, technology costs, benefits, and implementation requirements to business and IT Leadership.
- Owns and develops project initiation documents including objectives, scope, approach, estimates, and deliverables, when needed.
- Stays abreast of changes in technology landscape, and provides guidance around overall strategy for solutions architecture.
- Serves as a model for a culture of execution, operational excellence, and accountability.
- Seeks and capitalizes on the opportunities to improve productivity, velocity, solutions quality, and cost.
- Anticipates barriers to progress and works to remove them.
- Creates a culture that is based on knowledge sharing and learning from best practices.
- Exhibits a high level of professional flexibility, innovation and drive for continuous improvement.
Minimal travel (<10%) is required.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of progressive, hands-on experience with application hosting within a complex, highly virtualized technical infrastructure environment.
- Significant exposure to complex enterprise network, storage and database systems.
- Demonstrated expert-level ability to design and manage operating system deployments, troubleshoot complex issues and lead problem resolution.
- Deep expertise with Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 within a large enterprise environment.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor a message appropriately to audiences of all levels of technical understanding.
- Highly developed planning skills with experience building repeatable processes and focusing on project-driven deliverables.
- Willingness to participate in on-call support rotation to address escalated and high-priority issues.
- Negotiation and influencing skills with experience working across multiple lines of business to set priority and advocate for customer needs.
- Ability to build strong personal relationships with key business partners.
- Peer leadership skills with the ability to drive cross-functional teams to solutions.
- Strong sense of personal accountability and desire to take ownership and drive both solutions deployment and issue resolution.
- Experience mentoring junior staff and working with support teams to address issues and improve processes.
- Experience defining systems architecture roadmaps for a product portfolio.
- Creativity and ability to incorporate new ideas while building reliable solutions.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a technical discipline with an understanding of development.
- Experience with deployment automations using DevOps tools and principles.
- Strong scripting expertise using tools like PowerShell.
- Expertise with Microsoft Azure and/or AWS deployments in a hybrid-cloud fashion.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100. About Deloitte
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.