Envoy is on the hunt for a great Agile Scrum Master to join an industry-leading client located in beautiful Washington, DC offices! This is a perm hire opportunity and comes with competitive salary and benefits package.
Seeking experienced candidates with the following:
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree, and 6+ years of industry experience in IT, with at least 3 years in Project Management and/or Scrum Master.
- Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency - Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Second level Scrum Master Certification (PSM II, CSP)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least three years for a software development team.
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Previous experience as a collaborative leader
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Here is what you will be doing!
60% Leads a team of software engineers, Test Engineers and Business Analysts, guiding the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values with the goal of getting the most out of self-organization. Supports and guides the team to remove impediments by engaging the right stakeholders within the organization or partner organizations. Facilitates getting the work done by the scrum team, without assigning, or dictating the work. Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution. Assists with internal and external communication and improves transparency. Provides all support to the scrum team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leads by example. Follows the Agile playbook and process at the company to support agile delivery. Facilitate release planning, sprint planning, daily stand ups, grooming, retrospectives, product demonstrations and other scrum ceremonies.
20% Supports and educates the Product Owner, with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog. Work with Product owner and other supporting teams to enable seamless delivery. Provide input and champion Agile process improvement initiatives based on team/external feedback.
10% Support culture change to improve delivery agility. Provide coaching to team members who are new to Scrum and Agile practices. Supporting Team building and Team development by utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals, and fostering a feedback culture.
10% Work on any related Project Management deliverables as assigned or needed to support project delivery. Work cooperatively with integrated teams of various stakeholder staff to successfully address any associated risks and issues.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to recruiter@envoyIT.com
No third parties, please. Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship as this client is not able to sponsor visas at this time. ECG-17-659