Founded in 2001, Blue Canopy is an award-winning provider of business solutions in the public and commercial sectors. We're focused on delivering outcomes that matter by combining the best use of technology, process improvement, and the system of governance. Our Mission is to serve our clients and help them achieve success by combining governance, industry experience, and information technology excellence.
At Blue Canopy, innovation, collaboration, and teamwork are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to hiring, retaining, and developing best-in-class professionals because we recognize that our team is what differentiates us in the marketplace as an industry-leader. We are driven by excellence, committed to integrity, and inspired to achieve limitless possibilities.
Blue Canopy Group, LLC is looking for a Business Analyst in Washington, D.C. The operational effectiveness of this contract is vital to our nation and the world's economic health and stability. Blue Canopy provides full lifecycle IT support services to this government agency, which includes managing, planning, assessing, developing, documenting, implementing, overseeing, testing and evaluating mission critical Agency IT activities. Blue Canopy is seeking a Full Time Business Analyst to provide onsite support in Washington, DC for a multiple award-winning Agile delivery team.
* Leads or collaborate with Scrum Team, actively leads/participates in Story Creation, Backlog Refinement and Scrum Events (Sprint Planning, Daily Standup, Retrospective, Reviews, and Quarterly Planning)
* Serve as primary collaborator with Product Owners, Business Partners, Scrum Masters and Architects to build and define the Product Backlogs
* Perform story analysis to determine conditions of satisfaction, document acceptance criteria, and to understand the impact to other systems, projects, domains, and operational teams
* Manage the evolution of the User Story and other backlog items (includes but not limited to breaking down the stories, eliciting conversations, facilitating story refinement sessions)
* Answer ad hoc questions and provide clarification/direction to development and support teams regarding user stories and functions
* Collaborate with the Product Owner and Scrum Master in Release Planning
* Provide technical support to client application teams during implementations of new services and provide subject matter expertise for support escalations
* Collaborate with the IT Communications team to plan and review customer messages on upcoming releases.
* Backfill Project Manager tasks as needed, including coordination and documentation of release deliverables such as project schedules, status reports, and presentations.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
* Bachelor's degree
* Minimum of 4 years of direct work experience in a business analysis capacity, including all aspects of business process and requirement elicitation, documentation, and testing
* Agile techniques, theory and practices
* Strong collaboration skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Proven leader
* Secret clearance
* 2+ years of professional experience participating in a Scrum environment required
* 2+ years of working experience as an Agile Business Analyst required
* Demonstrate strong writing, editing, and presentation skills.
* Possess client and stakeholder relationship skills.
* Be highly organized; demonstrate excellent time management skills; able to juggle multiple tasks at once.
* Be motivated, flexible and a "team player".
Clearance: Secret Clearance
As a full-time employee of Blue Canopy, you are eligible for an attractive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability insurance. Our benefits also include paid holidays, Paid-Time-Off (PTO), a company-sponsored 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and flexible spending accounts to allow you to pay for Health, Dependent care and Commuter costs with pre-tax income..
Blue Canopy Group, LLC is EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability