Would you like the chance to build large-scale, global platforms that touch the lives of over 200 million customers? How about spending your days creating innovative solutions to make our customers' personal technology function at its best?
Located in Sterling, Virginia, the Horizon team at Asurion is developing customized solutions in partnership with other technology teams that touch more than 18,000 customers per day in the US alone, and collaborating on cutting-edge big data platforms that provide analytics and insights that drive our business objectives. We are responsible for developing technical solutions and applications that are used by Asurion's partners, including top-tier retailers, communication providers, and entertainment distributors.
The Business Data Analyst is responsible for developing functional competency in analyzing and evaluating present and proposed procedures and data to design business-aligned solutions. The Analyst works individually and as part of a team to assist with obtaining, troubleshooting, clarifying, documenting and translating detailed business rule specifications to support construction of business features with the Horizon Customer Care platform. The Analyst works directly with internal customers, vendors, and other analysts to diagnose, resolve, implement, and document appropriate solutions for a variety of technical requirements. Responsibilities also include working with technical implementation teams to ensure business requirements are fulfilled while assisting end users and development teams to establish acceptance criteria. The ideal candidate is a technically-minded self-starter who can work well under pressure and balance competing priorities in a fun, results-oriented work environment.
What does it take to do this job?
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries across multiple tables and databases.
- Strong background with Relational Databases
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with a proven ability to distill complex business issues into easily understandable terms for a variety of audiences -- you're a people person!
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to proactively turn that curiosity into action.
- Desire to learn, be challenged, innovate, and teach others.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability and willingness to engage in many different and simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects and meet client deadlines.
- Essential Functions
- Respond and resolve production defects within SLAs.
- Well versed in defining requirements, developing use cases, project artifacts & documentation, managing issue logs, benchmarking data, and analysis & testing phases of the SDLC.
- Can author data scripts to add, update or modify data configurations in support of client program configurations.
- Assists with the development, coordination, and implementation of plans to test business, data and functional processes.
- Identifies, reviews, and corrects data inconsistencies as part of testing or change requests.
- Continuously audits data and processes to identify productivity and innovation opportunities.
- Assists with the definition of automation tools to improve data entry, analysis and reporting.
- Provides general support for assigned applications by reviewing system problem logs; works with business and technical staff to perform effective root-cause analysis and resolution.
- Works on focused tasks within an agile team framework to support the program and platform objectives.
- Performs data investigation/analysis across multiple systems.
- Gathers, compiles, interprets and summarizes systems and business data changes while adhering to data change management best practices.
- Participates in training support activities such as documentation authoring and preparation, training preparation and delivery.
- Will profile data as input to source to target transformation rules and provide data mapping artifacts.
- Rapidly analyze data sets from different sources; identify data relationships, business rules, data characteristics and business process gaps.
- Motivation to learn new analytical techniques and to seek ways to creatively drive the creation of data quality scorecards based on stakeholder requirements.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to define and prioritize requirements by drawing out key business insights to provide actionable recommendations.
- Processes customer and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or raising discrepancies to the business owners to understand and resolve issues with technical or functional solutions and communicating with stakeholders on a regular basis with status reports.
- BS in Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- 2+ years of analyst or operations experience required, 4 years preferred
- Experience in the Insurance or Financial industry is desired
- Must have excellent communication and organization skills
- Knowledge of Node.JS, AWS, Kibana, TIBCO, Pega
- Must have SQL/Oracle experience or other query language
- Strong quantitative ability in statistics, mathematics, or financial analysis
- Hands-on experience with ETL tools
- Experiences Gained
- Detailed knowledge of techniques for applying transaction data and a perspective on big data strategies.
- Exposure to a dynamic and successful Agile team and an opportunity to contribute to its success.
- Experience presenting ideas and projects to senior-level members and clients.
- Enhanced understanding of insurance support services program, including the concepts of consumer targeting and customer journey.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Opportunity to play an important role in client interfacing and management.
- Knowledge in data visualization and business ethnography in customer behavior.
Information Systems / Information Technology