ALTEK Information Technology, Inc. is currently recruiting for:
DevOps Engineer/Configuration Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 6 Months +
Immediate need will be to provide support of our CI/CD tools as Administrator and Build Coordinator, while transitioning and expanding the implementation of the tools and providing segment support for several applications. Candidate must also be able to enhance current capability of tools by scripting and/or coding as appropriate.
Comfortable with bridging the gap between legacy development and operations teams and work toward a shared DEVOPS culture and vision. Works tirelessly to arm developers with the best tools and ensuring system uptime and performance of our software delivery pipeline.
DevOps Engineer to support the Configuration Management initiatives. We are looking for the candidate capable to work from day one supporting Software product delivery using Agile or Waterfall methodologies, working within our emerging DevOps environment which consists of Jenkin, GIT, Maven, Artifactory, and a suite of testing and code coverage tools.
• Support Build and Deployment processes using Dimensions and GIT\Maven under using Jenkins automation.
• Provide product Administration support with Git, Jenkins, Dimensions and other DevOps tools
• Conduct hands-on troubleshooting, problem analysis and resolution.
• Create all necessary documents for new DevOps processes
• Conduct training and knowledge transfer on the use of DevOps tools, processes an best practices
• Provide scripting and development support to improve current operational state of implementation
• Provide coaching for branching strategies, automation opportunities and efficiencies
• Experience implementing Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) and DevOps in and transforming legacy environments, leverages experience and best practices as a team player
• Provides the build and deployment support to multiple projects in the organization
• Continual automation, integration, and optimization of the software build and deployment system
• Understands the existing build and deployment processes and helps with improving and/or building new processes to streamline build and deployment
• Works with development and Environment Management (OPS) Team in coming up with the building/packaging/deployment processes for new projects
• Works with Configuration Management team to align organization and industry compliance best practices with build/package/deployment processes
• Assist development teams in implementing the versioning and archiving of the software artifacts using popular tools like GIT, BitBucket, SVN, CVS, Artifactory/Nexus etc.
• Works with all teams in developing automation of manual activates in accordance with DEVOPS principles.
• Extensive experience with Scripting/Build tools like MAVEN, Gradle, ANT etc.
• Solid experience and expertise with Shell Scripting
• Advanced knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems administration
• Solid understanding of J2EE Application servers like WebSphere, Class loader policies etc. Experience automating deployments from binary repositories to Application Servers
• Hands-on working experience with the Source Code Management tools like GIT, Sub Version, CVS and Serena Dimension
• Knowledge in the area of Configuration Management processes, hands-on implementation experience is plus.
• Setup/Configuration/Administration of distributed CM tools like GIT, or tools like SVN, CVS, Dimensions etc.
• Setup/Configuration/Administration of Binary Repositories like Artifactory, Nexus etc.
• Implementation Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery Best Practices using various tools like GIT/SVN/CVS, Jenkins/Bamboo, Maven/Gradle/Ant Artifactory/Nexus as binary repository
• Experience with implementation of peer and automated code review packages to provide proof-of-concept and best practice recommendations
• Experience with writing automated tests to validate deployment
• Experience with infrastructure automation
• Scripting experience on multiple languages
Education & Experience:
7 plus hands-on experience with Deployment, scripting and automation.
Extensive experience with Scripting/Build tools like PYTHON MAVEN, Gradle, ANT, Artifactory etc.
***For immediate consideration PLEASE send all resumes to the recruiter listed below with (17-03698) in the subject line of your email.
Recruiter: Caitlin Clark
241 East 4th St, # 205 Frederick, MD, 21701