Verisign operates the infrastructure for a portfolio of top-level domains that today include .com, .net, .tv, .edu, .gov, .jobs, .name and .cc, as well as two of the world's 13 Internet root servers. Verisign's product suite also includes Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection Services, iDefense Security Intelligence Services and Managed DNS.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for identifying and mitigating denial of service attacks against Verisign critical infrastructure services as well as attacks against external customers. The Engineer must have experience in responding to denial of service attacks, identifying traffic anomalies, and devising filtering strategies in real time. Must be experienced in various networking and security technologies and be able to communicate with customers. The Network Engineer will be responsible for provisioning customer traffic monitoring using various "flow" technologies on multiple routing platforms including: Cisco, Juniper, and Foundry, as well as various flow analysis platforms including Arbor Networks. Experience with DDoS mitigation platforms such as: Arbor TMS, Radware and Riorey is highly desirable. Understanding Internet routing technologies including BGP, as well as being able to work with providers to trace attacks back to their source is highly desired. The Network Engineer will participate in 24x7 on-call rotation to respond to critical customer issues and questions. Exceptional problem solving and multi-tasking skills are essential. The candidate must have the ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while effectively managing priorities.
· Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
· 7+ years of industry experience in Networking and Security for large networks
· Hands-on experience with DoS/DDoS detection, analysis and mitigation
· Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting complex network problems
· Experience in design and implementation of Network/Security infrastructure with Cisco and Juniper technologies, Foundry load balancers and security devices
· Experience with all major routing protocols including OSPF, BGP and EIGRP
· Thorough understanding of TCP/IP communications and DNS
· Understanding of vulnerability analysis, network defense, and auditing processes
· Knowledge of network management tools such as Arbor, Opsware, OPEN and Network Analyzers
· Experience providing managed security services
· Carrier or service provider experience a plus
· Ability to work on-call rotation within a team of network and security experts via remote location if required.
· Excellent customer service skills with accomplished verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to remain calm in a high-pressure atmosphere