Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live. Principal Software Engineer - UI Development
In this challenging role you will drive, enhance and maintain the User Interface for an upcoming product for Dell EMC mid-range storage division. This is a full time individual contributor (IC) opportunity for a principal engineer with the relevant experience noted below. This candidate must have experience in UI development and be able to learn new technologies.
The team is results oriented, fast and flexible fitting well with people that want to make a big contribution to product development. The working environment is positive and dynamic. Innovation in product and approach is appreciated and rewarded. If you're searching for a fast-paced and challenging career, focused on new and interesting technologies and products, then you've found you're home.
Opportunity exists in Hopkinton, MA or Research Triangle Park, NC
Education/Experience Required or Desired:
- 8+ year’s relevant technical experience
- Experience with ReactJS, JSX, Redux and Bootstrap
- Knowledge of user interaction principles, software design and usability
- Proven experience with integrating frontend system with backend systems
- Familiar with JQuery, Webpack, Mocha, NodeJS
- Strong skills in debugging, triaging and resolving technically issues
- Proficient understanding of testing frameworks and writing software tests
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Experience with Git for source control preferred
Education: BS/BA in Computer Science preferred "DCAM3" "LIPriority"
- Good verbal and written communication skills needed to interface with Developers and Engineering Management.
- Self-starter and able to manage multiple tasks and work streams in a dynamic environment.
- Highly engaged, able to collaborate with team, is motivated, can work independently and with a team.
- Prior Scrum experience or knowledge desirable
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.