What You'll Do
Cisco’s Enterprise Networking Group designs, builds, and delivers market leading Networking products. We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Strategy and Planning team to define the ultimate post sales experience that will enable customers to accelerate the value realization of our products and technologies. This position will continuously assess Cisco process and offers to ensure customer outcomes are predictably and efficiently achieved, aligning teams, resources, and decisions as needed to improve.
Role & Responsibilities
• Work and collaborate with Enterprise Networking Managers to prioritize Customer Success originated feature and enhancements backlog for development. Also, ensure usage telemetry, success monitoring, and reporting are implemented to BU expectations.
• Work & collaborate with Technical Services Product Managers, Advanced Services Product Managers, and Learning and Development Product Managers to ensure optimal market adoption, customer journey map alignment, successful offers, and test customer outcomes.
• Work with Enablement Managers to create and drive the enablement plans for the business
• Work and collaborate with Customer Success Managers to test customer journey maps, desired technical onboarding and assure enablement assistance from Cisco is successful.
• Create feedback loop to the various Cisco operational entities to drive continuous product, business, and post sales customer experience improvements
• Work with UX team to design and deliver customer success initiated improvements in usability, supportability, workflow simplification.
• Create user stories, acceptance criteria, and other agile development design and development process artifacts as needed by the product team.
• Proactively measure renewal rates, sources of renewals friction, and adoption metrics and drive cross-functional team to address issues.
• Develop business and product based KPI’s that will measure the post sales success of our customers and Cisco
• Benchmark Cisco customer success efforts against competitors for a set of products.
• Represent subscription renewals business inputs for business reviews, executive reporting, and financial trending.
• Drive initiatives to accelerate customer adoption of new security features and releases
• Engage customers in direct market research activities.
Who You'll Work With
Customer Success is not an organization itself, it is something that the greater Cisco adopts to be successful. As such, this role will be interfacing with a variety of different groups to meet the objective of delivering successful outcomes to our end customers. While primary interaction will be with the product teams and customer success management organizations, we will also interface with:
* IT platform teams to ensure proper metricing is established and there are clear methods of feedback to and from product teams
* Renewals organization to track renewal rates across program types
* Enablement teams to ensure they have access to the right information to enable partners, sales, and services teams.
Who You Are
• At least 5 years’ experience in product management, customer success, or other technical customer facing role
• BA/BS degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related experiences, MBA a plus
• Experience leading cross functional teams to deliver meaningful business value
• Ability to work with teams across International time zones
• Experience in building, designing, or delivering software in an agile-driven development model. Experience as a product owner highly preferred.
• Working knowledge of more than one of the primary security security technologies and applications (firewall, intrusion prevention, security management), SEIM, endpoint detection & response, advanced threats).
• Exemplary listening skills and exceptional negotiation and persuasion skills. Proven performance and success in these areas.
• Strong customer orientation with the ability organize and champion key initiatives and projects for product development
• Practical ability to trade-off competing priorities with both customer outcomes and best return on development resource in mind.
• Self-motivation; proactive, eager and willing to work collaboratively with stakeholders in services, finance, engineering, sales, channels, and IT.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to articulate complex technology and decisions simply
• Journey Mapping
• Customer Interaction
• Customer Escalation Management
• Product Development Domain Knowledge
• Customer/Product Adoption Best Practices
• Requirement Writing
• Competitive Analysis
• Product Positioning
• Presentation Skills
• Written and Oral Communication
• Cisco Sales and Channels Domain Knowledge
• Cisco Technical and Advanced Services Domain Knowledge
• Cisco Security Products Domain Knowledge
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.