● Shape services engagements by working with Sales to develop mature statements of work, customers to identify business and technical requirements, and peers to scope delivery effort.
● Lead customer, post-sales engagements, by taking ownership of project success and leveraging Cisco’s culture of empowerment to drive customer success and positive business outcomes.
● Collaborate with solution experts to develop and deploy secure solutions.
● Embrace education to be a deep subject matter expert across multiple security and non-security technologies to deliver superior architectures, designs, and solution deployments.
● Documentation of solutions and designs.
● Educate and mentor customers and peers.
● Tune and optimize security solutions.
● Domestic travel up to 50% required.
Organizations bring their most complex and challenging problems to Cisco. The US-West security services team is comprised of engineers who love these challenges and the successes of enabling positive business outcomes. Securing a solution requires that you to be a solution expert as well as a security expert.
Applicants should have the following skill set:
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the information and network security industry.
● Minimum 5 years’ experience professional services, including business development scoping of services.
● Minimum experience in specialization areas as follows: Data Center Security (3 years), SDN/NFV/ACI (1 year), Core Security (FW, VPN, IPS) (5 years), Virtualization (2 years), and Routing and Switching (5 years).
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, or mathematics required (or additional 2 years of experience in the information and network security industry).
● Experience desired in the following specialization areas: Next-generation firewall, next-generation IPS, advanced malware protection, incident response, and automation.
● Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) desired in one or more of the following areas: Routing and Switching, Security, or Data Center.
● CISSP preferred.
● Experience with IT governance, risk management, and compliance programs desired.
● Master’s degree in science, engineering, or mathematics desired.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
170 West Tasman Dr. San Jose, CA, 95134