The Pew Charitable Trusts is driven by the power of knowledge to solve today's most challenging problems. Pew applies a rigorous, analytical approach to improve public policy, inform the public and invigorate civic life.
We are an independent nonprofit organization - the sole beneficiary of seven individual trusts established between 1948 and 1979 by two sons and two daughters of Sun Oil Company founder Joseph N. Pew and his wife, Mary Anderson Pew.
Our work lays the foundation for effective policy solutions by informing and engaging citizens, linking diverse interests to pursue common cause and insisting on tangible results. Our projects encourage efficient, responsive governments - at the local, state, national and international levels - serving the public interests.
With offices in Philadelphia, Washington, DC, Brussels and London and staff in other regions of the United States as well as Australia, Pew provides an exciting learning environment and the opportunity to work with highly talented individuals. We are a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization that values creativity and innovative thinking and fosters strong teamwork with mutual respect.
Overview of Information Technology
Pew's Information Technology department (IT) takes a proactive approach toward the use of technology to increase the organization's capacity for exceptionally high-quality strategic philanthropy. Executive staff at the Trusts recognizes the importance of technology, and supports related initiatives to advance the institution's goals and achieve and maintain a leadership position in the philanthropic community. As a result, IT is in a mode of continuous improvement, applying leading-edge technology to the pursuit of the goals of the institution.
The department comprises highly competent, forward-thinking professionals who are responsible for the technology needs of all Pew staff, as well as for Pew's subsidiaries in Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. IT is organized into distinct areas of responsibility, including application operations, infrastructure operations (including desktop support and technical training), project delivery and solution design.
The Senior Associate, Enterprise Application Development is responsible for ensuring the successful operation and ongoing enhancement of the institution's SharePoint platform and several custom .NET based applications. To strengthen our growing team, we are looking for an experienced SharePoint/.NET Developer to design and develop highly scalable solutions. As an integral member of the IT application operations team, this position will be responsible for developing and executing innovative solutions for business process optimization. You will possess outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrate yourself to be a great analytical thinker. You are team-oriented, and you thrive in a fast paced environment. The Senior Associate reports to the Manager, Enterprise Application Development.
* Provides operation and delivery support for SharePoint and .NET applications critical to the day-to-day activities of Pew's applications and SharePoint sites.
* Provides design and develop Web Applications using .NET and all aspects of SharePoint Sites.
* Acts as a point of business process and functional expertise related to Microsoft applications management. Participates in relevant business process mapping and provides guidance to the business regarding Microsoft application solutions.
* Facilitates sessions to gather, define, and document business requirements; demonstrates solution functionality to business stakeholders for validation.
* Manages solution design; collaborates with team members on new feature design, requirements, limitations, and implementation; guides teams on functionality that requires customization to meet requirements.
* Supports ongoing development within an iterative development methodology and contributes to all phases of the software development lifecycle. Aligns and prioritizes development tasks with business needs; Articulates development status to technical and non-technical audiences.
* Leads and drives functional test cycles. Analyzes and mitigates issues identified during testing. Works with all parties to mitigate risks and resolve process, integration and security issues.
* Supports management of related technical environment, including the ongoing migration of code and configuration and related validation testing in each instance. Develops project-level or application or business-specific approaches and plans for testing, optimization and ongoing support. Documents and implements configuration changes.
* Establishes and maintains relationships with key program and operations staff; works with the Manager, Enterprise ApplicationDevelopment to align tasks with unit goals.
* Support ongoing development within an Agile, iterative development methodology and contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* Minimum of four years of experience developing web applications using the .NET framework and SharePoint.
* ASP.NET and SharePoint object model experience required.
* Experience designing and developing.NET web applications that interact with enterprise databases and web services.
* Experience in SharePoint front-end admin configuration, front-end custom development using SharePoint Designer, and back-end custom development using Visual Studio.
* Experience developing using object-oriented programming methodology and the management of a compiled codebase, with a strong preference for C#, the .NET framework, and other relevant Microsoft technologies; including the enforcement of best practices and internal standards for version control, quality assurance, and deployment management.
* Experience designing WCF and ASP.net Web Services.
* Familiarity with Office 365.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication.
* Team oriented approach.
* Ability to work in an aggressive, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities.
* Experience working within an Agile development framework.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package.
Occasional travel required between Pew's main Philadelphia and Washington, DC offices, and smaller remote offices. Minimal additional travel required to attend trainings, seminars or conferences.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.