|Senior Database Specialist - SQL, Hadoop|
|USA VIRGINIA Springfield|
ManTech International Corporation will be hiring experienced and skilled Database Specialist to provide Business Intelligence Support Services to assist the U.S. Government Customs Border Patrol (CBP) officers and border enforcement personnel. The chosen candidate will look to effectively and efficiently help to provide analysis in identifying cargo, individuals, conveyances that may present additional risk to the United States. They will conduct terrorism analysis and global assessments that convey changes in terrorism threats and identify emerging threats, develop and evaluate CBP-wide intelligence-based targeting rules and intelligence driven special operations, and coordinate and enhance analysis and target efforts.
As a Database Specialist, the candidate for this position will provide intelligence analysis support as part of an integrated agile team that will be responsible for using, developing, maintaining, and enhance models, tools, and software for:
• Intelligence Analysis-Counter-terrorism-Network Analysis
• Predictive Modeling
• Threat Research Support
• Query Support
Ideally looking for candidates who have Business Objects reporting, OBIEE, 12c, and or Oracle experience.
• Gather analyst requirements, identify required data, sources, and relationships, and perform SQL, nonSQL or UIbased application data extraction to produce data sets that meet analyst's requirements.
• Gather analyst requirements, create, organize, and use data stores, create and use indexes, create and use data documents, and optimize the ability to query and retrieve required data
• Save, store, organize and retrieve in an efficient manner analytical products to support analyst's requirements.
• Support hardware and software installation, configuration, optimization, customization, security, and maintenance.
• Support a big data environment that consists of several dozen Hadoop clustered servers and several dedicated indexing servers. Support will range from ingest and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) of external data to application of search and analytics tools.
• Apply predictive analytics to massive data sets (billions of rows, several hundred terabytes of data). Optimize processes for speed and accuracy.
• Balance resources against multiple, high priority, near realtime requests from thousands of concurrent users.
• Support entity resolution, search, ontology development, network visualization, and adhoc querying in the big data environment
• Masters & 1 years OR HS Degree & 15 years of experience
• Experience using Agile techniques to design, develop, enhance, test, debug, and implement software and troubleshoot production problems.
• Experience with Oracle databases and structured query language (SQL).
• Understand Agile methodology, data services development and optimization, middle layer services, Hadoop cluster data loading, indexing, and map reduce.
• Experience with data services development and optimization, middle layer services, Hadoop cluster data loading, indexing, and map reduce.
• Experience in name matching, biometrics, role matching, corporate attributes, address matching, document matching, Geotemporal analysis, pattern of life characteristics, and fuzzy logic.
• Statistics experience to derive understanding from Variance, Sensitivity, and Specificity Analysis.
• Experience working in law enforcement or classified intelligence analysis environment.
|Requires Bachelors degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.|
|Bachelor's Degree |
|05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree |
|ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.|