Why Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company?
Aruba HPE is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs. Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). In this role you will design, build and manage the infrastructure and technology powering our cloud service platform. The SRE will be responsible for building and operating all aspects of our cloud based infrastructure with a focus on automation and tool development. This is a high impact role in a fast paced org that is experiencing massive client growth and runs on the most cutting edge AWS/GCE cloud based infrastructure. The SRE should be able to balance competing priorities with attention to detail, should be a creative problem solver, should be naturally curious and driven to excellence; should be eager to learn about the rapidly evolving open source tools and platforms and use them as appropriate.
Our development and design approach assumes configuration as code. We want motivated high performers who can leverage brilliant ideas into automated configuration and deployment while troubleshooting and resolving any issues when automation doesn't work like it should. Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Think through hard problems in a cloud environment and drive solutions to reality
- Work in a dynamic & collaborative environment
- Build DevOps solutions using the latest technologies and tools
- Engage often with customers in all sorts of ways
- Participate in DevOps implementation/development projects
- DevOps Solutions & tools support (Engineering Level Support)
- Public Cloud cost optimization, tool selection etc.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent with 4+ years experience in Software Design, Development and Production Operations
- Experience managing Cloud Systems.
- 3+ years working in Linux environments (Ubuntu preferred)
- 2+ years building tools with at least one of the programming languages ( Python preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience architecting and administering Databases (i.e Postgres, MySQL)
- Experience with caching technologies (i.e. Memcache, MongoDB, Redis)
- Experience with system automation and deployment tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
Benefits you’ll enjoy
- An understanding of modern build tools like Jenkins
- Experience with Openstack and Openstack management tools
- Experience with AWS and AWS provided tools (Cloud formation, OpsWorks etc.)
- Experience with monitoring/graphing tools (Sensu, graphite etc.)
- Experience with performance tuning and benchmarking for Cloud Systems
- Exposure to Big Data (Hadoop, Cassandra) big plus
- Experience working with vendors in a combination of the following: Cloud, SaaS, ISP, Managed Hosting and Datacenter space
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in highly complex network setups
- Customer facing experience a plus Excellent business communication and presentation skills
- A strong technical foundation in build, release and deployment environments
- An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done
- Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems
- Experience working with distributed remote teams is a plus
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success! Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well! To apply:
- Log onto https://careers.arubanetworks.com/
- In the keyword box, search for job number 1009184
- After clicking on the Senior Site Reliability Engineer link, click APPLY
- Follow the simple steps to complete the application process
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.