General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate opening for a Senior JAVA Software Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's core defense/intelligence services and systems. GDIT employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
Representative duties and tasks:
* performs software requirements analysis, system integration activities, leads research, designs, develops and tests software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products
* performs technical planning, verification and validation of others work, cost and risk analysis, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
* performs analysis for all levels of total system product to include concept, design, architecture, user experience, test, installation, operation, and maintenance
* applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the development of complex solutions
* ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
* performs functional analysis, time-line analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocaiton and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into software solutions utilizing whatever development life-cycle techniques or model will yield the optimal results (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
* researches and analyzes data, such as customer design proposals, market trends, state of technology and industry, specifications and manuals determine feasibility of design or application
* applies and champions the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generaltion of technical engineering products
* participates as a Subject Matter Expert in internal review of software components and systems
* receives no appreciable instruction on day-to-day work
* more often responsible to define the scope, schedule and expectations for the work they execute or lead
* excersises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments for self and teams
* accountable to lead and guide the completion of major programs and projects
* responsible for resolution of significant and diverse range of complex problems and issues of broad scope and complexity which require the use of ingenuity and creativity
* provides leadership, direction, supervision to junior employees
* lead collaboration activities with senior management and leadership
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline plus a minumum of 8 years of relevant experience; or a Master's degree plus a minumum of 6 years of relavant experience.
* 8-10 years of Java development
* experience with Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML)
* experience with Attribute Based Access Control (ABAC)
* experience with implementing PKI based authentication
* DOD TS security clearance is required at time of hire, must be able to obtain DHS Suitability and SCI
Applicants selected will be subject to a US Government security investigation and must meet elgibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to teh nature of the work performed within our facilities, US citizenship is required.
* experience with Kerberos
* experience with Angular
* experience with JBoss web server
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Department: Information Technology