Sr. Project Manager (Telecom Wireless Data) (Job Number:430295)
SAIC has an opening for a Sr. Project Manager located in Washington, DC.
The Sr. Project Management position is part of an Integrated Project Team (IPT) who supports the Department of State (DOS) Vanguard Program, Service Management Office (SMO) supporting the Telecommunications, Wireless and Data (TWD) Division. The Sr. Project Manager is supports all Department of State customers who require new Voice and Data services and is responsible for managing the entire life cycle of a project assigned to include identifying stakeholders, gathering requirements, establishing a basis of estimate (labor and materials), drafting/finalizing SOW and cost estimate documentation, creating/maintain schedule(s), managing/coordinating implementation activities, and project closeout.
Description of Duties:
- Works directly with and takes assignments from the Integrated Project Team Lead/Manager who provides project assignment from the Project Pipeline process.
- Reviews initial stakeholder lists and requirements and coordinates initial project kick-off meeting(s) and site surveys.
- Engages frequently with IPT and other TWD Support Teams to ensure project milestones are met.
- Monitors, updates, and reports on project status and schedule using project management information system(s) and other project management tools.
- Escalates internal/external issues/concerns/risks promptly to IPT Lead/Manager and/or Government lead to ensure matters are addressed timely as to not impact schedule.
- Accountable for scope, cost/budget, and schedule/milestones for all assigned projects.
- Manages development and quality delivery of all Project documents and deliverables.
- Creates, updates, and maintains detailed Project Schedules (using MS Project) for all assigned projects.
- Works closely with IPT Lead/Managers and technical resources to schedule and assign project/task related activities and responsibilities.
- Manages and monitors all work activities provided by IPT and/or other TWD resources.
- Develops and documents Statements of Work (SOW), Basis of Estimates (BOEs), ROMs, Consent to Purchase (CTPs), and Cost Estimate documentation with minimum or no direction.
- Leads, coordinates, and facilitates recurring meetings with all stakeholders (e.g., customers, TWD Government, IPT resources/engineers, vendors) to ensure project status (schedule, issues, risks, or concerns) is effectively communicated throughout the project.
- Follows all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) / Policies and provides recommendations to update/improve/change SOPs, as needed/required.
- Conducts project closeout procedures to include, but not limited to customer closeout meeting, final walk- throughs/surveys, and performs quality review of all actual expenditures (labor and materials) to ensure accurate billing is provided to customer and TWD Customer Service department.
- Creates/Documents project closeout artifacts to include lessons Learned, Root Cause Analysis and After Action Reports, as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience for education.
- 9+ years of experience leading large/complex projects related to telecom/data networks in a multivendor environment.
- Familiarity with working with network infrastructure (wired / wi-fi) in and around secured space (e.g., SCIF - Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility)
- Demonstrable experience of working in an IT service management capacity.
- Proven people management skills with customer-facing experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- PMP Certified or in progress.
- ITILv3 Certified or in progress.
- Proficient with scheduling (using Microsoft Project ) and project forecasting/estimating
- Strong presentation skills and ability to adapt to various end customers to include government and/or contractors.
- Ability to resolve complex issues.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Clearance Requirement: SECRET (Active) with the ability to obtain a TOP SECRET clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 29, 2017, 3:01:28 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job