An experienced professional who works on complex projects with minimal supervision, the Senior Software Engineer will primarily utilize Java J2EE technologies to develop applications and shared services for the AAMC services oriented architecture (SOA) environment. In addition, the senior engineer will provide full lifecycle support in maintaining and enhancing our existing suite of web applications. The engineer will also work with customers to assess business needs, document requirements as needed, design solutions, create prototypes for user acceptance, and work with quality assurance team members to ensure the produced implementation meets functional and performance requirements. The engineer may also oversee a small group of developers, reporting the status to their project manager. Performs as technical lead, and assists with project management responsibilities as needed.
What will you get to work with?
Using the following technologies and methodologies, the Java Software Engineer will provide progressive and best in class solutions to a variety of custom applications and SaaS related challenges.
* AngularJs, HTML, CSS, Java Script
* Java/J2EE, Spring MVC Framework and Hibernate
* SOAP and RESTful web service development in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
* GRUNT, Bower or Karma
* Agile SCRUM, Test Driven Development(TDD)
What will you do in this role?
* Develop, maintain, support and enhance enterprise integrated solutions, software and data within Agile framework
* Collaborate with Business partners and Product Owners to develop practical technical solutions which provide value to business
* Perform detailed technical design, development and unit testing of custom applications and data flow in the context of projects, releases and production support.
* Providing estimates of developer effort needed for implementation of specific functional and non-functional requirements
* Participate in creating technical and style standards
* Troubleshooting and debugging complex issues
* Collaborate with IT managers and Technical Leads to track and report progress
* Mentor junior and intermediate developers
* Participate in prototyping of potential solutions
* Performing code reviews of other developers
What will you gain?
* Chance to work with a progressive and collaborative team of developers and architects
* Ability to explore a variety of technologies and skills
* Opportunity to mentor junior developers and improve leadership skills
* Experience working with Technical Lead and Solutions architect in architecture analysis and development
* Opportunity to be a contributing voice in improving process, development and technical standards
What will you need?
* Bachelor-s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or related scientific or technical discipline required
* Experience developing enterprise level applications, multi-tiered applications
* 8+ years- of experience
Who are we?
The technology division of AAMC is a vibrant community of people who are excited about making a positive impact in the world of healthcare. The AAMC is dedicated to improving the health of the nation by supporting the entire spectrum of education, research, and patient care activities conducted by our member institutions. Our work in technology assists medical students, teaching institutions, hospitals and doctors to strengthen medical care and improve the health of all.
If a bachelor-s degree is required, related work experience may be substituted in some positions. One year of college course work at an accredited institution is equivalent to one year of related work experience.
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative-- Action Employer. The AAMC is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. The AAMC will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Please attach a resume as part of the application process. It is important that files DO NOT include periods ( . ) within the file name.
BROWSER REQUIREMENTS: Applications must be submitted using Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer v.10 or higher.