General Dynamics is seeking a VOIP Engineer. The successful candidate will be a results-oriented, self-motivated individual who will be responsible for maintaining voice, video, and data networks. This individual will provide tier-3 operations support for a large government enterprise. The position requires recent, hands-on technical experience supporting unified communications and Voice over IP (VoIP) telephony services. This individual will be responsible for the administration and maintenance of a large CISCO Campus wide enterprise VOIP network. Working as a member of a larger network and telecommunications team, this systems administrator is responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of unified voice/video/data services provided across campus and wide area networks, and must ensure each change to the environment is clearly documented, to include creating and updating all related engineering documents, drawings, IP addressing assignments, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Must have hands-on technical experience installing, administering and upgrading Cisco Call Manager Cisco Unity, Cisco Telepresence and E911 environments. Experience supporting Cisco Unified Communications Manger 8.x is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years' experience implementing, troubleshooting, and documenting converged networks interconnecting Cisco, Tandberg and Polycom endpoints, gateways, and teleconference bridge products.
- Recent experience troubleshooting voice and video problems in an enterprise or service provider environment under short time constraints involving complex networks spanning multiple firewalls and different geographic locations is a big plus.
- Must possess an understanding of telecommunication circuits (DS-0, DS-1, DS-3, T-1, T-3, PRI, BRI) and multimedia protocols (H.323, SIP, SCCP, MGCP, RTP, RTSP, RTCP, etc.).
- The successful candidate will be responsible for providing Tier III level resolution and customer support to all VoIP and DVTC issues across the enterprise. The candidate will also be responsible to provide outage documentation utilizing customer provided Incident Tracking software. Tools utilized will include Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity, Tandberg Management Suite (TMS), and other tools as necessary.
-Experience maintaining/deploying gateways
-Proficient in the IOS environment for maintaining voice gateways
-Familiar with the deployment/maintenance of server based dial plans and router based dial plans.
-Familiar with the deployment and the management of the following Cisco Servers (VM and traditional platform): -Unified Communications Manager, Unified Contact Center Express, Unity Connection, and Unified Presence.
-Ability to troubleshoot common VoIP issues to include identifying and correcting issues with endpoints, trunks, dial plans, and profiles.
-Understanding of the Tandberg Management System
-Licensing of devices and servers (VoIP and DVTC)
-Familiar with the VC Web Wizard scheduling interface
-Proficient with managing conferences through the MCU/MCS
-Ability to troubleshoot common VTC issues to include the identification of failed endpoints, bandwidth saturation, or mis-configured conferences.
-Good understanding of system networking over diverse topologies and environments to understand the limitations and advantages of different network/system architectures.
- Must have recent hands-on technical experience conducting troubleshooting to solve installation and break/fix issues associated with Voice and/or Video over IP products and integrating these components within heterogeneous network environments involving legacy PBX systems and the PSTN.
- Must have experience supporting voice and/or video end-users, coordinating with Cisco TAC and telecommunication carriers tier-2/3 support groups, tracking and escalating trouble tickets, and interfacing with customers at all levels.
- Must have experience configuring Cisco routers to act as VoIP gateways and demonstrate a strong understanding of Cisco IOS 12.x/15.x command syntax.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and a solid understanding of how to troubleshoot end-to-end performance issues associated with voice and video conferences involving IP and ISDN networks.
- Must have experience reviewing Ethernet packet captures (e.g. tcpdump, Ethereal, Wireshark), studying network traffic flows and reading interface statistics to identify network connectivity and performance problems affecting Voice and Video over IP communications.
- Experience modifying firewall rule sets and/or effectively communicating firewall rule changes to ensure multimedia applications are capable of successfully traversing across firewalls is a plus.
- Proficiency with the Perl scripting language is preferred for automating configuration changes and past experience as a sys-admin for Linux and Windows servers is a plus.
- Extensive experience with SIP and H.323
- Extensive experience with Unified Messaging system (voicemail and email integration)
- Extensive experience with Audio conference bridge systems
- Extensive experience with Cisco E911 systems
- Extensive experience with voice circuits such as SIP trunks, PRI's, ISDN BRI's, etc.
- Familiar with crypto technology for voice systems
- Experience with DOD, DISA STIG, and DIA VOIP security requirements; should be able to mitigate the system to meet all security requirements
Communication skills - verbal and written
Problem analysis and problem solving
Attention to detail and accuracy
Customer Service orientation
Ability to work independently within a Team Concept
Ability to multitask in a stressful environment
The core business hours are from 6: 00 AM - 6:00 PM (two shifts per day); position will have after hours support requirements as needed for maintenance windows and special projects
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2-5 years of related systems engineering experience.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD (Entry on Duty), Must have Secret Clearance.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Standard business work environment on a customer site. Ability and flexibility to work on a varied shift is expected. The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. Must be able to lift and carry at least 30-50 lbs. Office attire required at all times. Public transportation access only; parking on site is limited. Site location is the DHS St. Elizabeths Campus, Washington, DC
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Department: Information Technology