Technical Manager- Android development
The mobile engineers at Costar have a direct impact on highly visible applications that touch thousands of users daily. You are an integral part of an innovative and passionate team where your ideas will flourish and you will influence the $11 trillion commercial real estate industry - join us in changing the way the world of commercial real estate does business!
We are looking for an energetic, passionate leader to grow our Android engineers into leaders and experts of their technology stack. You will manage the execution of Android app projects and own the project end to end leading to the successful launch of the apps to our consumers.
* A love for mobile apps. You get excited by building awesome UI and building the best of breed mobile applications that reaches thousands of users
* A desire to learn and share. You enjoy learning technology and architecture advancements in Android and share with the team. The thought of diving into challenges and bleeding edge technology excites you!
* A passion for quality. You want to be part of the team that produces highest quality mobile apps using clean architecture and clean code principles!
* Love for People You love leading and managing a passionate team of Android Engineers. You value teamwork and taking initiative.
* Love being hands on. You love building Android apps and don-t hesitate to get your hands dirty with designing and implementing Android apps.
* Agent of change. Excited about continuous improvement, love innovation, evolve processes and look for new ways of doing things to deliver business and customer value.
* Lead, mentor, and support awesome team of Android Engineers
* Be responsible for advancing technology adoption in Android apps
* Be responsible for managing the execution of app development from concept to delivery
* Be the evangelist for clean architecture and consistent design patterns
* Work well in fast paced and Agile development environment and drive continuous improvements
* Drive automated unit and UI tests
* 50% of time spent coding
* Keep an eye on emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices that can be used to strengthen CoStar-s technology platform and development practices
* Own scrum ceremonies such as sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective.
* Interface with product design and QA
* Conduct performance reviews
* 3+ years- experience managing and leading a mobile team
* Bachelor-s degree in computer science or related field (or comparable experience)
* 5+ years- experience building high performance and large scale Android apps
* Proficient in building native apps using Android Studio, Java, Retrofit, Dagger 2, Rx Java, Recycler views, View pager, and Glide
* Stay on top of project from concept to release to deliver engaging experience
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing