Position Title: Technical Project Manager
Location: Herndon, VA
Exostar is a leader in cloud-based software solutions for identity and access management, collaboration and supply chain management. Initially formed as a joint venture of A&D and commercial aviation industries leaders BAE Systems, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, and Rolls-Royce; Exostar now also offers solutions for health care and life sciences industries with leaders such as Merck. Today, Exostar connects and enables over 220,000 organizations in more than 175 countries worldwide.
The Project Manager will work cross-functionally to drive software and technology projects to completion, successfully meeting all business, financial and technical objectives. This is a dynamic, demanding and hands-on position in a high tech environment. This role requires expertise in managing technical projects such as Infrastructure Upgrades/Enhancements, Network optimization, Performance Improvement, Technology Modernization, etc. This is a leadership position with full ownership of program/project delivery. The successful candidate will have strong technical leadership skills, have excellent communications skills, and will be results driven.
- Manages project team (matrix organization) and sets priorities providing leadership and direction in support of project objectives.
- Assume accountability for the development and delivery of technical project management needed to support IT solutions and projects
- Ability to perform project planning, budget estimation and management, resource planning and assessment, financial planning and risk assessment
- Create and manage the project budget, customer revenues, costs, and margins
- Effectively communicates project schedules, budgets, project plans and status reports cross-functionally and to customers and partners
- Collaborates with Product Manager on any necessary Project Change Requests (PCRs)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 10+ years of experience in managing projects such as infrastructure upgrades or enhancements, network optimization, performance improvement, technology modernization, etc.
- Capability to work across cultures and in a functional matrix environment
- Technical IT background mandatory
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- PMP Certification
- Identity Management, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and Software as a Service (SaaS) expertise
- Knowledge of MS-SharePoint and complimentary products
- Aerospace & Defense or Healthcare/Pharma industry deployment experience
Exostar is an Equal Employment Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. Exostar is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons in all facets of employment including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred