Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
- Acts as a remote customer advocate to champion specific customer needs in collaboration with field team.
- Applies systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware or software systems functionality.
- Applies technical knowledge to analyze and use highly technical troubleshooting tools and content and analytical practices; uses operational and diagnostic procedures to diagnose and resolve issues in unique and often complex customer environments. As a 24X7X365 organization, shift work, holidays, weekends and on-call responsibilities may be required. Assesses when it is necessary to engage or escalate to more senior resources to resolve more complex issues.
- Contributes and develops knowledgebased articles; may perform senior or expert level tasks for assigned products and skills; prepares articles for other TSEs and/or customers regarding technical solutions.
- Understands and uses sphere of influence extending outside of the department.
- Determines which tool(s) to use to resolve issues including running tests and be able to identify when deviation from the available troubleshooting tools and documents is appropriate.
- Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment.
- Interfaces directly with customers at different stages of problem resolution process including understanding issues customers are facing, communicating plans for resolution, explaining developments, and conveying resolution.
- Maintains a closed-loop" communication style that ensures proper and consistent documentation in service request case notes; assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status".
- Manages own schedule of cases, which includes determining priority levels and negotiating and setting expectations with customers.
- Validates technical information and issues early warning and disseminates information as needed.
- Mentors and/or coaches less experienced TSEs, Helps develop and participate in presentations and informal training for other TSEs.
- Participates in eServices content creation (self-service) and maintenance such as Chat, Knowledgebase content, Support forums, etc.; regularly submits content to the knowledge database.
- Participating in and possibly leads conference calls with customers
- Knows their audience and articulate accordingly.
- Reviews technical solution articles for accuracy and completeness, and give feedback to the authors.
- Systematically gathers relevant information and analyzes a broad range of factors while working to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Works toward becoming subject matter expert in a particular area or areas
- Customer focused
- Customer Service skills Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Presentation skills Troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of Dell Technology's products and their value added to the customer
Experience with the following Technologies:
- Storage (Dell EMC or 3rd Party)
- Networking (FC and IP)
- REST API
Education and Experience
- Typically requires 2+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent experience
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.