Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
- Acts as central point of contact for product related issues and manages the customer relationship from a technical support perspective with minimal supervision
- Participates in the creation and maintenance of knowledge database content
- Understands the customer's technical environment through regular communication and business reviews; develops support plans that recognize the customer's priorities, challenges, initiatives and potential areas for improvement
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with customers on recommendations and action plans.
- Escalate cases to other more senior Technical Support Engineers and/or Escalation Engineers when the problem is too complex or falls out of specific area of expertise.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including higher-level engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- The ideal candidate will enjoy working directly with customers and can represent Dell EMC with the highest level of professionalism. Prior experience in technical support or similar customer facing roles is required, with the following technical skills and knowledge preferred:
Preferred Candidates will be experienced in some of the following categories:
- OS and System Administration experience:
- Windows client/server
- Hypervisors such as VMware
- networking and file serving protocol experience: TCP/IP, NFS, SMB, HTTP, FTP
- Enterprise level directory services:
- Interop identity management
- LDAP, NIS, Active Directory
- Experience with network packet capture and analysis is a plus
- Experienced within an enterprise storage environment, preferably NAS but also SAN
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.