USGBC is seeking an ambitious, detail-oriented Web Designer to join our digital marketing team. The Web Designer will create exceptional creative and interactive, online experiences that elevate USGBC’s brand.
A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to seamlessly juggle multiple projects simultaneously. The Web Designer will report to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager and will work closely with the larger team to develop and implement a wide range of web projects. The role requires a solid understanding of design fundamentals and an ability to translate design direction into visually compelling online content.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conceptualizing, designing and delivering digital creative, including websites, microsites, landing pages and digital graphical assets;
- Developing engaging, memorable, and easy-to-navigate online experiences, through the development of mockups, wireframes, style guides, and CMS implementation.
- Working closely with the Marketing team and partnering with IT back-end developers to improve the design, usability, content and conversion points of USGBC’s family of websites and online presence;
- Supporting web content needs to include adjustments to the web content, updating HTML markup and creating user web accounts.
- Understanding emerging tools, technology and business practices for the digital medium, and learning the application of these tools and practices.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in graphic and website design with front-end web design capabilities;
- Experience building files for digital;
- Effective and creative brainstorming, ideation, rapid-prototyping and other problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work with various members of different teams to ensure quality and timing delivery;
- Comfortable taking initiative to be productive and efficient, should be confident in their skill-set, enjoy being hands-on, owning their role and ensuring their work is done with excellence and attention to detail;
- Commitment to USGBC's mission.